Sunday, March 12, 2017

WOAH! That's Not a Real Person?!?!

I love field trips. Who doesn't? It's the time when you get to leave school for at least a couple hours and have some fun while learning a few things along the way. That's exactly what I did during my Springfield field trip.

I was quite excited for the field trip since we were practically gone for the whole day! ^_^ Plus, I was with all of my friends for the whole trip, so it made it even more fun. We were visiting a lot of awesome places during our trip.

We got to see Abraham Lincoln's home, his tomb, the Illinois State Capital, quite a few veteran memorials, and the Abraham Lincoln National Museum! They were all amazing to see! However, what occurred in the Abraham Lincoln National Museum is probably one of the most memorable moments of the trip.

The name of the place practically states what consists in the museum. It's all and everything Abraham Lincoln. All the way from when he was a tiny, little baby to his death after being assassinated. It was interesting to see all the different artifacts as well as the...wax statues. Sorry! Wax statues kind of creep me out.

Although, what caught my eye the most was the movies we could watch when we were there.

There was one telling a story about Lincoln's life, but it wasn't some boring documentary. Let's just say there quite a few surprises and a lot of special effects that made it quite exciting to watch.

The second one, however...I found it much more interesting to watch. It was rather mellow, but there was a mystery surrounding the movie. There was a certain feeling in the room that made you feel like something was going to happen that you wouldn't expect. It was rather disconcerting but exhilarating at the same time.

What happened there was...woah. I was dumbfounded! I never knew that technology advanced that much to create something that magical and realistic. I couldn't even tell. I thought they were a real person, but seeing them disappear in front of my eyes like that blew my mind! Now, I don't want to spoil too much for you, so I won't give out too much detail.

For sure, that was one of my most favorite moments during the trip. I can't wait to go back and see Springfield again.

---

Courtesy to Meme Generator for the Picture/Meme!

No comments:

Post a Comment