Sunday, May 14, 2017

Graduation...Nope. Nooooope.

Has time passed by this quickly? Is it already nearly the end of the school year?

It just feels like yesterday when I first walked into my new elementary school, scared out of my wits, to finish the last three months of first grade. If yesterday felt like the first time I walked into my new, first grade class, a few hours ago must've been the time I first stepped onto the grounds of my middle school!

No, now we have a few weeks left. Even then, that time will be dwindling down to days, to hours, to minutes, and to seconds.

...Words fail. They fail to truly extract and express the feelings I hold within me. They fail to convey the sadness I have. The anticipation for a new chapter. The apprehension for another journey.

They fail to communicate the abundant amount of thanks I have for the people who guided me and the peers who graced their presence into my life.

I remember the nervousness of going into a new environment. I remember the hope I had in creating friendships and the dread I felt of a different outcome, but I didn't have to be worried.

I want to thank all of my teachers. From elementary to middle school, I can never thank you enough for the amount of guidance you pushed on to me. I can never thank you enough for being there whenever I had trouble. I can never thank you enough for just being there for me in general and nurturing me to become the person I am now.

I want to thank the staff. I want to recognize the nurses who fixed me up whenever I got hurt. I want to thank the technicians who always fixed the technology that help us learn and grow. I want to give credit to the custodians who always cleaned up the messes we made. I give gratitude to the lunch ladies for dealing with our "hangry" behavior in the lunch line. I want to thank the secretaries, principals, and the superintendent that help run this place smoothly. Most of all, I would like to give thanks to the PTA for putting so much effort into making the years here memorable.

As for my friends...I don't want to say goodbye. The connections I've made here are the reason why I love this place so much. I don't want to untie the knot that holds us all together into this one big family. It's sad to see you guys go, but the connections I've made here will forever stay a memory in my heart.

Good or bad experiences, they will stay. Funny or solemn memories, I will keep. Old or new connections, I will treasure.

The time I've spent here will forever hold a place in my soul. As I await to open the next chapter of my life, I will spend the time in between reminiscing on these precious moments.


2 comments: