Saturday, November 19, 2016

Shout Out to the World That I'm Grateful for...

How many times have you taken things for granted in your life? How many times have I taken things for granted in my life? Can you count all of them? What? Me? Well, I can't. So many times I took things for granted. Too many times I didn't speak the words I wanted to say. Either from gratitude to a simple apology of not acknowledging what an important position they had in my life.

Well, not anymore.
---

---

  1. First and foremost, I'm thankful for my parents. I'm thankful that they brought me into a world of endless opportunities. I'm grateful that they're always so kind and considerate. I'm thankful that they aren't as strict as some other parents. Even if they were strict about things, it's only because they're always thinking about my well-being as well as my sibling's.  
  2. I'm grateful for my siblings no matter how annoying or obnoxious they are. They're the ones that always keep me grounded. They're the ones I turn to when things get rough. I appreciate it when they knock me down a peg or two. It helps remind myself that I shouldn't take things for granted. For that, I'll forever do my best to have their back just like they have mine.
  3. I'm grateful for my friends. I'm thankful that I always have a shoulder to cry on or a hug of comfort whenever I feel down. I'm thankful that I have people to call whenever I'm in trouble. I have people to come to that understand me and relate to me. I'm grateful that we can fiercely defend each other if any one of us gets hurt. I'm grateful that I have people there to stand by my side. For that, I will forever be in debt to the kindness they've shown me.
  4. I'm thankful for my relatives. Even if we're a couple minutes away or a thousand miles, they always support me through thick and thin. Even the ones I don't know very well. They always wish me good luck and encourage me to follow my aspirations and my dreams. I can't seem to put it into words how eternally touched and appreciative I am for all things they've done for me.
  5. I'm thankful for my teachers and the people that guided me through life. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am now. I wouldn't be me. They helped nurture me to the potential that I'm now growing into. There's still a long way to go, but , every time I take a step forward, it's because of their guidance that I'm going this far.
  6. I'm thankful for music. Music is indescribable. It's my anchor that keeps me floating away in a sea of hatred and self-loathing. Music expresses the emotions I pent-up inside, and it calms me whenever I feel stressed or frustrated. Without music, I don't think I'll be able to live the life I live today with all the joy and happiness.
  7. I'm thankful for the hateful words I've heard over the duration of my life. Without those words, I wouldn't be able to push myself to be the best I can be. Without these insults, I wouldn't be able to improve myself. I'd be stuck in a place where I'm good, but not as great as I should be. Those words helped me explore my potential, I'm grateful every time I think of them and how they pushed me to work better and be stronger. For all the hate I've heard in my life, thank you.
  8. I'm thankful for books. Without books, my creativity wouldn't even be half its size as it is now. Books enlarged my knowledge of the world, and it helps create the best ideas when the time calls for it. Each and every story I've ever read contributed to every idea I've ever thought or came up with. For sure, I'll be grateful for them.
  9. I'm thankful for my home. No, not the actual house (not that I'm not grateful for my house...) but my home. Home provides a sense of comfort. It provides a sense of safety. Home is the place where I feel most comfortable. I don't have to worry about being judged. Home provides the love I need, and I don't ever want to take it for granted again. 
----

----
I wish you guys a happy Thanksgiving, and I hope that you're a little more appreciative of the things you have in life!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you were so detailed explaining what you are grateful for and your title is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love yours as well! You have some unique points in your own post and that's what makes it very cool! XP

      Delete