Thursday, November 17, 2016

Special Trip Post! Part VII First my Nose, Now my Feet!?!?!

It was not the shade of white I expected it to be. When I think of white, I think about snow. You know how light snow is...mostly. The "white" sand was just a shade of gray with flecks of dark yellow here and there.

Although, I can't lie. It was still rather pretty.

What I also didn't expect was how rocky and painful it was for my feet.

Obviously, I took off my flip flops in fear of them floating away from me again. What a mistake that was.

The ocean floor was littered with dried coral, rocks, and shells! My poor feet didn't expect it, so you can say that my reaction was quite comical to a few people.
---
This Was the Closest Thing I Could Find

---
It wasn't even over! Once I scurried away from the water and headed to the sand, the dread in my stomach was starting to sink in. Guess what? It was the same thing as the ocean floor! The only difference was that it was scorching hot! Luckily, I put on my flip flops to prevent the sand from further injuring my already aching feet.

My family had the same reaction as I did, but we didn't let it deter us. We heard from our guide that just over the dune in front of us was a rather beautiful reef with an abundant amount of fish. The sand dune was rather steep but the guide was right. It really was beautiful.

We carefully walked down the side to have a better view of the place. I was close enough to the water that it was lapping at my feet. Peering down, I could see little glints and glitters of movement. They were fish. Colorful, tropical fish. They were rather small; barely longer than my index finger. They were fascinating to watch, nonetheless.
---
*Shivers*

---

I stared, fixated, at them for a couple of minutes until my mom's squeal broke my thought barrier. As I moved my head to the side to look at her, I distinctly saw her jump away from her spot near the sea and stare at a certain area where a congregation of rocks was.

When she broke out of her daze, she exclaimed that she was pinched by a crab! Of course, I shivered at that. That's one of my irrational fears. Like, come on! What if a crab or lobster just suddenly pinches your foot as you innocently walked through the water. It's a horrifying thought.

After taking a slight breather, we decided to head back on the other side to take some pictures. Still, the horrifying image of a crab pinching my feet lingered in my thoughts. I was just happy that it wasn't me this time.
------


Hey, guys! As you know, Thanksgiving is a week from today. I'm here to tell you that I won't be updating on Thanksgiving Day. Instead, I want to spend that time with my family. To make up for it, I'll make sure to update my blog a little more (Goodness knows I need to...) and make an extra awesome post about my trip! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment