Sunday, April 9, 2017

Who Else is a Better Influence Than Her?

I don't have a lot of experience when it comes to the death of a close family member or friend. They're either distantly related or very close, but never close enough to create a big impact on me.

In some ways I'm glad for that. I don't want to experience the hurt and pain you carry when someone close to you passes on. Other times, I'm regretful because it feels like I've missed out on a great opportunity in getting to know the people who could have been someone very close and dear to me.

With that said, I find it quite hard to write a tribute about a special person who has passed on when I don't have that special kind of person. Although, what I can do right now is write a special tribute to someone who is alive. I may not have a very special influence that has passed on, but what I do have is a very special influence helping me right here, right now.

That special influence is my mom. (...Sorry, Dad. You're a big influence too, but I already wrote a blog post about you.)

There's not enough words to express how much I care for her and how grateful I am for every minute she spends taking care of me. She's been through so many things, and she puts in so much effort into helping us get a better life. She's so very thoughtful and considerate, and she's the best role model and influence for me.

My mom is a very hard-working woman. She's one of the main pillars and supports that keep our family together. She would work very long shifts at her workplace in order to help us live and get through with our lives. I don't understand how she does it. If I was in her place, I would already be so worn out, and my perseverance would have died a long time ago. Not my mom, though.

She would always keep that smile on her face. She's always so warm and caring to us at home even if we were being quite loud and annoying. Instead, she would stare at us with a small smile and ask about how our day was going.

She would always put our happiness before hers. All the things we need before hers. All the things we want before hers. There was one time when we went shopping, and we were looking around for things we needed. Then, we spotted some things we really wanted to get. We tried to stay quiet about it, but our mom probably saw through our act (Mother's intuition can be scary O-O). The thing is, what we wanted was rather expensive. She just stared at us with that understanding look and asked if we wanted it. We denied professedly, but she gave us the same look of understanding. She ended up getting it for us. All the money she could have used for something else more useful was used for something we wanted on a whim.

My mom is one of the emotional pillars that support my mental structure. Every time I ever broke down or was having a raging fit, she's always there to calm me down and soothe me. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have her. I think I'd just be an emotional storm if she isn't here with me.

Even if I'm always grateful for her here, I don't always show it. Especially now since I'm going through the showing-that-you-love-your-parents-is-embarrassing phase. I don't know how she handles it. Whenever I snap at her or show some attitude, she's always brushing it off like it was nothing. She's pretty tough, if you ask me.

My mom is the best influence I could have in my life. She's caring, understanding, considerate of others, and a whole bunch of other awesome adjectives that would take too long to say all of them.

I don't say it often, but I mean it when I say, "I love my mom."

----
Courtesy to AwesomeQuotestEva

----

No comments:

Post a Comment