Sunday, April 23, 2017

Well. Uh. How Do I Start This...

Conversations. Am I right? Aren't they one of the most complicated things ever?

Err...you know the feeling when you want to start a conversation with someone, but you don't know what to say?

Oh! How about when you're already in a conversation with someone, but you don't know how to keep it going?

Maybe you know the one where you're having a conversation with someone, but you don't know how to end it. Instead, it just tapers off into awkward silence.

The one where you try to talk in a conversation but no one notices you or they ignore you is also an interesting one.

Oh, and my favorite! The time when you're having a conversation with multiple people when you're actually not because you don't even know how to talk in the conversation, and you just stay quiet.

Conversations. Am I right?

Well, I've been having that problem for the pass week or two. Maybe longer. Maybe my whole life. Everyone has that problem, I know, but I just get so sick and tired of it. You want to say something, but you can't. You want to voice your opinion, but your mouth won't let you say it.

Instead, you sit passively as you listen to others while saying the comments you wanted to say in your head.

Instead, you just imagine saying the words you wanted to say to the people and try to imagine the reactions they would have.

Even when you try to voice your opinion, it doesn't come out the way you want it, or the people/person your having a conversation with react differently then what you hoped they would react.

Then you wonder why if it was a good idea to even say what you wanted to say.

Yeah. Not complicated at all.

---
(I couldn't find a good meme to fully express my feelings, so insert your own meme here.)
---

1 comment:

  1. I'm very awkward when it comes to conversations. Sometimes I don't know what to say and when I do say something, I make it even more awkward.

    ReplyDelete