Sunday, April 16, 2017

Who Would've Thought I Got my Name Like That...

This week is a free write. We get to post about anything we want. Originally, this was an official post before, but I put it back in edit. I was looking forward for another opportunity to share this post again, but I never quite found the right time to put it back up. Well, until now. I found this story quite interesting to tell, and I hope you find it amusing as well. ^_^

------

Well. This is embarrassing. It's a rather funny story, actually. Maybe a little sad...

Okay, so it went like this.

My parents were still debating on what my first name should be. Of course, they had an agreement that my second name would be based off my dad's.

Then, it happened.

They watched a commercial.

In the commercial, it showed a beautiful woman. She was depicted to be...I don't know. What I do know is that something about her made my mom really like her. She must've had great qualities...

When she heard the name of the woman, she knew instantly that she should call me after her. This beautiful random woman on t.v.

 Originally, they were supposed to name me after my great-grandmother because I was born on the same day as her. Well, supposedly. I was supposed to be born on my uncle's birthday, but I ended up being a day overdue. So, they didn't consider my great-grandmother's name until the actual day I was born.

I don't hate my name. I quite like it, actually. It makes me, well, me. I'm just wondering why, you know. Great-grandma over here who I share a birthday with versus beautiful random woman on t.v.

At least I have an interesting story to share. XD

Oh, don't worry about great-grandma. I got to choose my Spanish name for my Spanish class, and I based it around her.

Welp. That's how I got my name. From a beautiful random woman in a commercial. :P

---
Credits to Sizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment