Sunday, October 9, 2016

10 Years From Now...Urgh! I Don't Know!

This post is hard for me to comprehend. That's probably due to the reason of me not knowing who I want to be when I grow up or what I want to do in the future. I was raised thinking that I should take things one step at a time, and that's something that I follow every single day.  So, thinking of what happens to myself in ten years is...difficult to say the least. I've come to appreciate a mindset like this, but, at times, I could see the drawbacks. Like not knowing what I want to be in the future, for example.

---
Thank You, Jerry.
---

I'd be in college around this time, so I'd also, probably, have a job by then. I mean, how am I supposed to support myself if I don't have a job. I can't live off of my parent's money forever! I could see myself working at a comfy-like cafe or maybe a library. I always wanted to work in a warm, home-like environment, and I already have some experience working in a library. Although, working at a bakery also sounds very nice. I can practically smell the sweet scent of baked goods wafting through the air.

The only thing I know for sure that I'd be doing in the future is going to college. Which college, you say? I don't know, I haven't figured it out yet. I mean, I don't even know what I want to major in! I'm sort of exploring my options right now, you get what I mean? Sometimes it's frustrating to feel so indecisive on who I want to be in the future.

There are a lot of professions I want to do when I grow up. For example, a marine biologist, or zoologist. Maybe a paleontologist or an anthropologist. I also thought of being a veterinarian at some point, but that's starting to fall out of the picture. =/

Other careers I thought of wanting to do in the future is become a teacher, a historian, a librarian, a writer, or maybe even a baker. I've been told I can make some mean muffins! XD Whichever profession I choose in the future, I just hope I will enjoy it.

Although, what I really want to envision myself doing in the future is traveling around the world. I want to see the whole and full world and what it has to offer. I want to see popular destinations or landmarks such as Paris or Rome. I want to see the Great Wall of China or the Pyramid of Giza. Maybe I should become a journalist. Then again, some countries don't allow journalists in their nation.

---
So Very True
---

Speaking of countries, I need to be fluent in at least three to five languages in the next ten years. Obviously I know English, so that's one down already. I'm also learning Spanish, which I will work my hardest to try and to become fluent in. I will also need to learn how to speak my native tongue, and I KNOW! It's bad I don't know how to speak the language of the country I hailed from, and that's why I'm trying my best to learn it as quickly as possible. Other languages I want to become fluent in the next ten years are French, German, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, or a whole bunch of others I want to list. Although, the languages Spanish, Chinese, and my native tongue is what I mostly want to become fluent in.

When you look at this, it looks humongous, right? All these goals I want accomplish in ten years seems a lot and unfathomable to accomplish. At least, that's what I think. Then again, that's ten years from now, but...it couldn't hurt to think ahead, right? I better start planning, but first...one step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment