Thursday, October 13, 2016

Special Trip Post! Part III Why is My Ear Burning!?!?

Hellooo!!! Sorry about posting so late at night. =/ It's been quite a hectic week so far. I'll try to make it up with a post next Thursday. Now that will be interesting. Anyway, I shouldn't hold you off any longer, so here is another part of my trip!
----
GIF Break!

----

It was the next day of our trip (or was this a few days later...). I woke up quite early to say the least because of my jet lag. (Urgh! JET LAG!). It was around five in the morning, and I was surprised that people were already out and about.

Nonetheless, I got ready, and I greeted the rest of my family. They were making breakfast, and the smell of the food they cooked was heavenly. To distract myself, I looked at the kittens.

Sadly, the thin, black kitten, whom I dubbed "Little Lady", was still sick. The other kittens looked to be a little better, but I was still concerned about their health. I looked for Little Lady's mom, Ipe, to see if she can feed her a little more.

After a while we were called for breakfast.

It. Was. Delicious!

I loved the pandasal, Filipino bread rolls, and the lumpia. Lumpia is also known as eggrolls, if you are not familiar with the term. After a filling breakfast, we went out to accomplish our goal of dyeing our hair.

You see, my sister and I had been trying to persuade our parents to let us dye our hair. My parents were a little lenient on me since I only wanted highlights, but they were worried about my sister since she wanted to dye her whole head. That was a definite no-no from them.

Although, with a little persuading from our aunt, we finally got them to a compromise. It was decided that we would dye the tips of my sister's hair, but my dad has to approve of the color...good enough for me.

After we made it to the hair salon, we decided to look through the colors they had. The thing is this, my sister wanted a custom hair color. In order to get that, one of their employees had to go after hours to the house we were staying at in order to not interrupt the scheduling of the day. Of course, that provided a major headache to all of us. In the end, we agreed and we had an appointment later in the day for the hair dyeing. Before we left, we decided to get a haircut...it was one of the best haircuts I've ever had.

-----
TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY A MEME!

-----

It was the time of our appointment, and I was quite nervous and excited. Before I could elaborate more on my feelings, the employee came in with the supplies to create the custom hair dye. Since we had dark hair, we had to bleach the strands first. Naturally, my sister wanted to be the first to go ahead.

As she was going through the process of bleaching her hair, random thoughts started drifting through my mind. Will it hurt? Why am I doing this again? Will the colors I want turn out right? Urgh, I have got to stop letting my thoughts run rampant in my head.

Next thing I knew it was my turn. They combed through my hair with a tooth comb that was lathered with the bleaching material. It was relaxing for the first few minutes...until a glob got on my ear!

I didn't think of it much when if first appeared there, but then I felt a slight, uncomfortable burning sensation. It started to get progressively worse, and I was not happy about it. On the outside I looked calm and undisturbed. In the inside...well...that's a different story. I was practically screaming these thoughts in my head:

Oh-OH MY GOSH!

BLEH! WHY?!?! WHY?!?!

IT  BURNS! IT BURNS!

WHY DOES IT BURN?!?!

IS THIS NORMAL?!?!

WILL THIS CHANGE THE COLOR OF MY EAR?!?!

ACK-!!!

There were also quite a few other unpleasant things I thought of, but I won't get into that.

After succumbing to a few minutes of that torture, I finally had a break to relax. My ear was still buzzing in pain from the bleach. I had to wait a little since the bleach had to take effect before we could start dyeing.

We waited for what felt like an eternity due to my still burning ear, but I was ready...kind of. I braced myself for the worst...which turned out to not be that bad.

Oh. Wait. Never mind. It seems I've spoken to soon. Just when I said that it wasn't bad (globdangit, I jinxed it), it started to burn again. Well, here goes another round of thoughts of painful yells in my head. Haha!

After so long (so, so long...), it was finally over. The turn out was gorgeous! I ended up having chocolate-like colored hair with blond highlights as well as a plum undertone. I really liked it. Although, the only problem I had was this...I ACCIDENTALLY DYED MY WHOLE HEAD! I must've been too distracted by the pain on my ear that I might have accidentally said yes to dyeing my whole head.

Well, I can't say I didn't like it. Anyway, this will look even cooler tomorrow when we leave to go to Caramoan!

No comments:

Post a Comment