Thursday, October 20, 2016

Special Trip Post! Part IV Urgh! I Think I'm Going to be Sick!!!

This is the fourth installment of the SPECIAL TRIP POST! I know, the pass posts were a little boring, but I promise this post will be rather exciting! Well?!?! What are you waiting for?! Get to it!
----

Today was the day.

Today was when we got to go to Caramoan.  We're going to stay there for around three days to go island hopping. I was rather excited. It's hard to remember the last time I've been to the ocean. I also really wanted to go snorkeling for the first time. I wanted to see all the amazing views of the coral and tropical fish.

Of course, we needed to get a ride to take us to Caramoan. That's why we had rented another white van (these would be really suspicious in the U.S.) and a personal driver. Of course, they were included when we booked our trip.

The thing that my mom was worried about was how we could cope with the ride. The ride is around 2-3 hours long that's going through rugged terrain like mountains and hills. Of course, I didn't think much of it. I was pretty confident my stomach could handle the terrain. I rode in a car for fourteen hours traveling to Canada for Pete's sake! (Of course, that was mostly on flat land...) All I needed was my music from my phone and Ipod, and I'll be good to go!

...Oh how wrong I was...

The first hour was okay. The scenery we passed by was very beautiful and mountainous. We also got to pass by some famous landmarks along the way, and I got to take some pictures. Of course we were on flat land that had a few turns, but the "defensive" driving was making my stomach churn a little. Although, I endured through it by listening to music and watching the scenery.

As I observed through my window, I suddenly saw the range of the mountain and hills we had to climb in order to get to our destination. For some reason I had a dreadful feeling that I shouldn't have underestimated what my mom said.

----
Meme...urgh...break

This is Me
----

...Yup! I shouldn't have underestimated it. Thirty minutes into the mountain and I feel like I ate a feast and road on a roller coaster right after. The terrain was rather intense because of the mountains, and also due to the construction that was happening on the roads.

Speaking of roads, the roads seemed to follow every curve and dent on the mountain side. This made the ride all turny and sickening. If you combine that with the erratic driving, it makes up this deadly car sickness that makes it very hard not to throw up. Not even my music could have helped me. All I could do was curl myself into a ball and try to take a nap.

It wasn't successful.

The only relief I had was when we made a pit stop to take a picture of Mount Mayon from a mountain top. The fresh air really helped steady my lurching stomach. That quickly came to an end when we went back inside. I almost wanted to cry and bust out of the car, but I held the temptation.

What made it even worse though was because of the delays that were happening on our ride due to construction or traffic. I had to endure another hour of huddling into a ball wanting to jump out of the car.

...

Finally. Finally! We've made it to our destination. I honestly didn't want to stay in that van any longer. If I had, then I would be sorry for the person who had to clean up the mess. Urgh. All I wanted to do was to go to our beach hut to take a nap, but I didn't want to move in fear that even the slightest movement might trigger a downpour of breakfast.

I stayed in my position of sitting outside with my head down...until my mom told me to go inside. With a sigh, I heaved myself up and headed to the hut.  

No comments:

Post a Comment